Blog by Darlene Abenante

<< back to article list

  • +1
Insurance Brokers

A home and property insurance broker can help you with your property insurance. Lenders insist on property insurance because your property is their security for your mortgage. Property insurance covers the replacement cost of your home and contents, as well as costs incurred while your home is rebuilt - such as rental costs. The premium will depend on the value of the building(s) and it's contents. Liability insurance, theft of assets, window breakage, water damage and sewer backup are also considerations. Ask your Broker for complete information.

Your insurance broker may also suggest you buy mortgage life and disability insurance. Most mortgage lenders offer this type of insurance and they can add the premium to your regular mortgage payments; however, you may want to compare the rates offered by an independent insurance broker and by your lender.